Saturday 24 July 2010

Another online course draws to an end

I can't believe it's nearly the end of July! I've been so busy this last month. I'm just putting the finishing touches to a portfolio of evidence for the latest online course I've completed. Regular readers may recall that I did the Oxford University certificate in 'Effective Online Tutoring' late last year. This time Instead of tutoring it was the backroom stuff about how to design administer and generally keep a course running smoothly.
Not, this time though, Oxford, but a somewhat lowlier institution - Sheffield College. The course is called 'Getting to Grips with Moodle'. Moodle is an open source programme used by literally thousands of education establishments and businesses as a virtual learning environment (VLE). I've really enjoyed it and now feel confident enough to start looking for employment in online course delivery, either from the tutoring angle or design and admin. More details on the course below. I've also included a link to Moodle's homepage.
Another reason not to have done much posting for the past month or so is that I've just taken possession of a new house. More about that later.

http://moodle.org/

http://www.online.sheffcol.ac.uk/index.cfm?pid=c0447a95-a564-4029-8fcc-ffadb1075131

No comments: