Saturday 21 August 2010

Why oh why won't the UK adopt the Euro?

I have just returned from a short trip to Paris. Apart from the fact that it rained for the first few days; not just showers - real torrential, monsoon-like, rain for 3 days non-stop, it was quite an enjoyable trip.

The main annoyance was the extortionate rate of exchange and commission charge to rub salt into the wound. I had to laugh when I saw a poster inviting me to change back my costly Euros to Sterling. No thanks, I'll be keeping them in a shoebox until next time. What about the lost interest? I hear you cry. Not worth bothering about these days, but that's another story.

1 comment:

Rachel Cotterill said...

I went to all three Danish countries this year - that's a lot of DKK to change. We're not the only awkward country ;)

PS I don't change Euros back, either, and have even considered getting a Euro bank account.